Whey protein is a mixture of proteins isolated from whey, which is the liquid part of milk that separates during cheese production.
Whey protein is considered a complete protein as it contains all 9 essential amino acids. It is low in lactose content. It is a mixture of beta-lactoglobulin, alpha lactalbumin, bovine serum albumin, and immunoglobins.
Taking whey protein is a convenient way to add protein on top of your daily intake. This can be important for bodybuilders and gym enthusiasts, as well as people who need to lose weight or are simply lacking protein in their diet.
Whey is generally well tolerated, though people with lactose intolerance need to be careful, and some people may even be allergic to it.
- Excellent source of high-quality protein
- Promotes muscle growth
- May lower blood pressure
- Highly satiating (Filling), which may help reduce hunger
- Helpful in losing weight
- Increases strength
- Enhance the body’s antioxidant defenses
- Boosts metabolism
Whey Protein Concentrate
Is a bright yellow chemical produced by plants of the Curcuma longa species. It is the principal curcuminoid of turmeric (Curcuma longa), a member of the ginger family, Zingiberaceae. It is a plant based supplement with anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to increase the amount of antioxidants that the body produces.
BENEFITS OF CURCUMIN(TURMERIC)
- Anti-Inflammatory: As chronic inflammation contributes to many chronic diseases, curcumin may help treat conditions like inflammatory bowel disease, pancreatitis, and arthritis. The results may be more effective than inflammation-fighting medications.
- Protect Against Heart Disease: Curcumin may improve endothelial function, or the health of the thin membrane that covers the inside of the heart and blood vessels.
- Prevent (and Possibly Help Treat) Cancer: As inflammation is linked to tumor growth, anti-inflammatory compounds such as curcumin may play a role in treating and preventing a variety of cancer types, including colorectal, pancreatic, prostate, breast, and gastric cancers.
- Osteoarthritis: It may be a safe and effective long-term treatment option for people with osteoarthritis (OA).
- Increases the Antioxidant Capacity: Oxidative damage is believed to be one of the mechanisms behind aging and many diseases. Curcumin is a potent antioxidant that can neutralize free radicals due to its chemical structure.
- Boosts BDNF: Curcumin Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor(a protein found in the brain and spinal cord that plays a key role in keeping nerve cells healthy and regulating communication between nerve cells, which is critical for learning and memory).